Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Acceptance

In my newest Young Living shipment of essential oils, I received a blend called Acceptance. It seemed like a good one to have on hand for my clients. I didn't realize how important it might be for me.

As a practitioner, it's a fine line between caring deeply about helping my clients achieve their goals without being overly attached to a particular outcome. The perfect example of this is with fertility, one of my specialities. The client wants to conceive and carry the healthy baby to full-term; I want the client to conceive and carry the healthy baby to full-term. When it comes to panic, anxiety and phobias, I can pretty much guarantee full recovery; not so with fertility challenges.

I have to keep in mind -- and lovingly communicate to the distraught parent-in-waiting -- that there is a bigger picture in place here, one that speaks to the wholeness in each of us regardless of the fulfillment of our life's most cherished dreams.

Again and again I am reminded of the difference between a healing and a cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment