Friday, July 30, 2010

4th Day -- The Beauty and the Beast

Okay, I am officially really proud of myself. I have been to the Bikram Yoga studio four days in a row -- three of them at 6 am.

There's one woman who's been there each day at 6. She's young, wickedly strong and so, so graceful. I position myself at the back of the room behind her because just watching her inspires me. This morning I found out that where I've been standing is the hottest part of the room. I've decided it's worth a few more degrees to be able to check in with that woman every now and again and delude myself into thinking that maybe, someday, if I'm really, really dilligent, I can perhaps be half as strong and graceful in my movements.

This morning a very handsome, buff guy sauntered in. I'm talking movie star gorgeous. It was his first time (I remember when :-)). Except unlike me, he strode in with macho confidence, white teeth shining in his tan face. Well, Macho Man lasted about 45 minutes before announcing loudly that he couldn't take it anymore. "You win!" he told the instructor (who looks like one of those kids who gets sand kicked in his face at the beach). I couldn't help but think that how this guy reacted to us walking in and walking out spoke volumes about who he is as a man. Seriously. I wanted to give him my card :-)

Did I mention how proud I am of myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment