Saturday, May 11, 2013

Beautiful!

I promised to update you on the couple's TAT session I facilitated last night. 

I have seen the husband on and off for a long time.  The marriage has been troubled for a long time.  I wanted to see if TAT could bring them some peace and was so pleased that they both were interested in trying it out.

As TAT allows, there was no need to look for specific issues to work on.  After a brief discussion, I suggested the wording, "Whatever is in the way of healing our marriage,"  Then I suggested that each of them put whatever he/she wanted into the pot silently, adding to the "TAT pot" whatever came up for them as we went through the prescribed TAT steps.

As we went through the steps, the husband held the TAT pose and the wife sat with her eyes closed, hands folded, in calm silence.  The room felt very peaceful.

At the end, the wife's smile was so warm that it almost brought tears to my eyes.  And the husband had what I call the "TAT glow" of serenity.

I don't know what long-term benefit this session had, but my sense is that this session opened a door between these two that has been closed for a long time. 

I'll let you know if I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment