Friday, May 24, 2013

A Blur of Tragedies

Yet another flattened landscape, rubble and mangled cars.  New grief-stricken faces, bloody close-ups and updated death tolls.

Is this our new normal?  Apparently so.

After the earthquake in Haiti in 2010, Cherokee Medicine Woman Nara White Owl warned me that "natural disasters" would increase in frequency and intensity.  "Those are the only times we are coming together and connecting with each other, heart to heart," she said with a fierce look in her bright blue eyes. 

At that time, Nara said that our values and priorities have become so skewed that Mother Nature was having to use her most terrific forces to remind us of what's really important.

In December 2012, I asked Nara what 2013 held for us.  She said that the divide between conscious and unconscious people was deepening, and that unconscious people would feel their separation (from Spirit) more acutely, prompting them to act out against society in more and more terrible ways.  I remembered her prediction when the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings and the Boston Marathon bombing felt as though they happened back-to-back.

What do you think about all this?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful article, Lucy - and so true. I remember feeling the same; and thinking that change needs to happen within each of us in order for the Universe to be at peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marlene, thank you for your comment. I agree that what peace we achieve within ourselves makes a positive impact in the world at large.

      Delete
  2. Lucy, it makes me so happy and my spirit to sing when I found out something I have given out to help other , that some people hear it, Wado and thank you so much, Nara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nara, your guidance over the years has been invaluable to me and so many others.

      Delete