Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pen Pals

I received this sweet response to my November newsletter column:


I wanted to say Hello and also tell you, as usual, something in your monthly newsletter is particularly meaningful to me  This time, your article made me think of my 6-year-old niece. She already loves journaling and I asked her to be my old-fashioned pen pal. We exchange cards in the US Mail each week. I am delighted by how she is sounding out words for herself and writing them in her own hand. No computers. No help from Mom or Dad. And to know this is helping both of us become smarter is an added benefit!


Yes, yes, yes! This little girl is forging a wonderful bond with her wise aunt, as well as growing her brain.

What a simple pleasure it is to find a real handwritten note in one's mailbox. Please consider adding your personal, handwritten note to your pre-printed holiday greetings this year. It's really like sharing a piece of yourself with your friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment