Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mercury Retrograde Is On the Way

How could I not believe in astrology when there's Mercury Retrograde to contend with in life?

Mercury goes retrograde Friday and all I've been doing for the past two days is responding to requests to reschedule. At least these people have the courtesy to call, as opposed to the person who just didn't show up yesterday morning and must have lost her cell phone along with her transportation.

When I was a family law paralegal (sort of a past life experience from my current higher perspective, ahem) there would be times when the craziness of the job would get even crazier. Fax machines would break down, judges' calendars would get confused, the copier would spew toner -- that sort of thing.

I was complaining about it to one of the other paralegals one day and she said, "Oh, that's just Mercury Retrograde." "What's that," I asked. And she explained that a few times each year Mercury, the planet "in charge" of machines and communications, seems to be going backwards in the sky. When this happens, machines tend to break down and communications go awry.

My skepticism must have shown on my face because she just shrugged her shoulders. "That's okay. You don't have to believe me. Next time you notice another wave of this sort of craziness, let me know."

So that's what I did. And guess what? It was another Mercury Retrograde. That was the moment of my conversion to a believer in astrology. Not a fanatic, by any means, but an interested party for sure.

I've since learned that the days just before and just after a Mercury Retrograde carry the energy of the retrograde itself. Good to know, wouldn't you say?

Each of the planets does this retrograde thing. It's apparently similar to when you're driving down the freeway and you see two cars pacing each other. As one car pulls ahead the other looks like it's going backwards. Depending upon the planet, sometimes it goes retrograde several times a year (like Mercury) and other times it's every few years (like Venus).

No comments:

Post a Comment