Monday, August 16, 2010

I hate it when ...

people simply don't show up for their first appointment. I had an 11:45 client scheduled this morning. I got all the paperwork ready: opened a file for her, prepared the agreement for her signature and ... waited. And waited. And waited. At noon I tried calling her and ended up leaving a message. At 12:15 I left and went to Marshall's. There were two clients wanting an 11:45 appointment this week who had to wait because I didn't have that time available. I understand that on a cosmic level, all is moving toward the good; however, I was not a happy camper this morning.

It's very hard for me to avoid going into judgment about people who don't call to let me know they've changed their mind, or forgot, or ran out of gas, or whatever the problem is. In the back of my mind there's always the concern that something serious happened and they are physically incapable of being courteous.

But let's face it, even the guy who had a motorcycle accident and ended up breaking his arm on the way to his first appointment with me called to let me know what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment