Sunday, June 14, 2009

Part of my problem with having a blog is the name "blog." It sounds suspiciously like a Lewis Carroll invention marrying, say, "bleah" with "slog." Anyway, certainly not something worth someone actually taking the time to read, let alone write.

Yes, I know I sound like a cranky old woman. I AM a cranky old woman when it comes to certain things -- and it's tough to let you readers see that side of me because who wants to work with a cranky hypnotherapist?

Hypnotherapists must be perfect, without vices, right? After all, if I don't have my life totally together, what gall to suggest that I can help you get your life together? So, it's very challenging for me to reveal that I have a favorite punctuation mark (I love semicolons and trust me, they are woefully underused). I'm a nut I am about grammar ("lay" needs an object, folks, and should never be followed by a preposition -- "lay down" makes me cringe like nails on a blackboard); and I'm addicted to Mamy Susan, an obscure form of Solitaire on my computer. I realize that these things don't just make me sound pleasantly quirky, they make me sound like a vintage Saturday Night Live charicature.

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves ...

2 comments:

  1. After all you are still a being in a human body on your way up to Enlightment, in the meantime passing on all you have and know from the deepest core of your being to make a difference in this world!!! Thanks, dear sister and ex-student-colleague for your valuable contribution and sharing with this "blog" another great skill you have, which is writing! May be we should put our heads together to write "my" long overdue book with your help or it will never be written.........
    Much love and blessings from the magical Andes, your friend and companion on the same path,
    Lilo Ccoyllor (Morningstar)- www.shamanspirit.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilo and I met when we were both students at the Palo Alto School of Hypnotherapy in 1992. She was transitioning from being an international fashion and photographer's model in Switzerland and I was leaving behind 13 years as a paralegal.

    About ten years ago she went to Cuzco for a visit ... and has been there since. In Peru she answered a new call to service by undertaking a shamanic path. She has a beautiful center outside of Cuzco and offers healing retreats there, as well as transformational journeys to the sacred sites of Peru.

    Lilo exudes unconditional love and is a cherished friend. She's been working on that book for a long time. When it's finished, it will be an international bestseller for sure.

    ReplyDelete