Monday, June 22, 2009

Why allopathic medicine gets a bad rep

I pride myself on being a bridge between worlds and people and groups of people. Many of my colleagues are rabidly anti-allopathic (Western) medicine. I prefer to take a more measured position, reasoning that if my appendix is ready to burst, it would not serve me to "tap" on myself as the remedy. Doctors have their place, as does surgery.

All that said, I wanted to scream yesterday when I heard the following story. "T" is a vibrant, dynamic powerhouse of a woman in her mid-sixties. She owns her own company and leads a very spirit-centered life.

It has been determined that "T" has "pre-cancerous cells in her cervix" which have a "30% chance of becoming cancerous." Every medical practitioner she has consulted with has recommended that she have a total hysterectomy. When she asked about keeping her ovaries, she was told that most women don't ask those kinds of questions and why does she want to keep equipment in her body that she no longer needs. Even her homeopath -- who also happens to be an MD -- counseled her in this direction.

"T" is telling me that she has a great resistance to the surgery, especially to the removal of her ovaries. She feels as though her doctors (and she can afford the best) are simply checking off boxes on a list marked "What to do for women over 60 having 'women's problems'" rather than actually assessing her individual situation. Her questions have been met with increasing impatience and condescension.

Using deep relaxation techniques, I facilitated a conversation between her, an angel protector she encountered in the course of the journey, and her body. The angel told her that she's been under so much stress that her body is acting up. Her being out of balance has put her body out of balance.

When I guided her to look at her cervix, she saw it was clear. Her uterous was clear. Her ovaries were clear.

Unfortunately, with the entire medical community filling her head with dire images of cancer spreading throughout her body, trusting her own wisdom seems foolhardy rather than the way to go. She's already postponed the surgery twice and is fearful of a backlash from her doctors if she postpones it yet again.

What's wrong with this picture?

Before we parted, I suggested that she shift her prayers to something along the lines of, "Show me with crystal clarity the path I need to take; I'd like a billboard telling me clearly what to do."

1 comment:

  1. thank you for that wonderfully clear posting lucy grace. working with energy healers of many modalities i too have seen an amazing shift in my well being and feel the most balanced in years. though this is a most stressful time in many ways especially taking care of my in-laws i find that the medical modality is based on fear and using the machinery that they have invested financially losing their intuitive physican skills. may we all learn to trust our own inner voice to use in our healing. all the best during this incredible energy shift this summer. cathyceil

    ReplyDelete