Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Mother's Heartbreak

A woman emailed me late last night asking if I work with eating issues.  She spoke of years of suffering for her daughter.  Here's my reply:

I realize that you wrote concerning your daughter, but I can't help but think of you, writing that message at almost 11:00 last night.  I can only imagine what it's like for you to watch your daughter suffering for "the past several years," trying everything you can think of to help her.  There's hardly anything worse for a parent.

 The answer to your question is yes, I have worked with eating disorder issues and in particular anorexia.  The key is in the cooperation of the client herself and often in those cases, cooperation is spotty and/or limited.

 What would you think of coming to see me yourself?  I think you could use the support and healing.  And as your heart finds more peace, who knows what ripples will be created throughout your household and family?

Please let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment