Thursday, May 5, 2011

Change in Plans

I have taken the Summer Solstice Celebration (originally scheduled for Tuesday, June 21st) off my calendar because it turns out that I have another commitment that evening.

This is a perfect example of how busy our lives can get and how challenging it sometimes is to keep all the areas of our lives straight.

I belong to an Armenian women's organization (The Daughters of Vartan). The San Francisco chapter is hosting a national Convocation in July and the planning committee has been working for over a year to make it all happen successfully. One of the many hats I'm wearing as part of this huge endeavor, is as narrator of a special Saturday night banquet program. This requires several rehearsals, one of which is Tuesday, June 21st.

At first I thought of rescheduling the workshop for a day before or after. And then sanity asserted itself and I realized that I had enough on my plate until the Convocation... and perhaps a few weeks after.

What surprises me is the resistance I had to making this decision in favor of allowing some open space in my life. I felt guilty and somehow irresponsible. How weird is that?

Does this type of thing show up in your life too?

No comments:

Post a Comment