Thursday, September 23, 2010

Love that Bikram!

Just wanted to shout out that I'm still doing the Bikram at 6 am most weekday mornings. Today I will try an afternoon class; although I'm not interested in shifting the practice away from the early morning. Who would ever have believed that I, confirmed not-morning-person, would turn into someone who thrives on being out of the house by 5:45 am? By the time I return home, my husband is up, coffee is made and I'm ready for my Vimala Alphabet daily handwriting practice, still giving me time to be ready for a 10 am client. I love it!

Somewhere over the past few weeks, I've shed a couple of pounds. I'm watching the shape of my body change. I've never experienced this level of visible improvement at this pace before. But then I've never had a 90-minute intense workout in a 103 degree room several times a week before. The funny thing is that as rigorous as the practice is, it doesn't feel like work. I enjoy testing my body's limits day by day. Again, such a surprise for me.

Every now and again that little voice grumbles, "Why couldn't you have found this sooner in your life?" But I know that I wasn't ready for it before. I'm grateful -- and proud -- that I'm ready for it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment