Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Work In Progress

Often when things get really, really slow in my work, I take it as a sign that I need to do some healing work on myself. When I taught hypnotherapy at Marilyn Gordon's Center for Hypnotherapy Certification in Oakland, CA, I always encouraged students to go for a tune-up healing session with a professional at least once a year. I still feel that putting myself in the role of being a client every so often is the best way to stay in touch with how difficult it is for a person to pick up the phone, ask for the help, and keep the appointment. Boy was that theory validated big time today!

You'd think that after nearly 20 years of working on myself it would get easier. During the night, I woke up with anxiety and did several rounds of EFT to calm my agitated spirit. In the morning, I left in plenty of time and yet managed to miss an easily recognizable turn. I ended up wandering long enough to make me 15 late for the appointment. Once I got there, I had trouble following the simplest directions because I had somehow forgotten how to distinguish my left from my right. And, in case all that wasn't humiliating enough, I discovered that I had left my purse -- and wallet -- at home.

The practitioner was gentle, understanding and very kind. I had a terrific healing session. I left her office a bit dazed but feeling lighter and freer.

Chances are that some of you reading this have had similar experiences getting to my office, especially for your first appointment. As the saying goes, we are all one. Everybody's got "stuff," and everybody faces resistance in letting go of our stuff; even me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post Lucy Grace. I can certainly relate... and Mercury is retrograde which has quite an impact on us as well.

    Blessings,
    Katherine Zimmerman

    ReplyDelete