Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Some things are not for everyone

In my August e-newsletter, I wrote about an extended training I had with Donna Eden, energy medicine guru. I was so impressed with her genuineness, her expertise and her caring. When she recommended 5 daily energy exercises for "every body," I took on the practice.

I don't know why, but something about those 5 exercises did not work for me. I became overly emotional and depressed at the same time. My husband noticed. My Body & Brain teacher noticed. Both urged me to stop the exercises and I did. I very quickly felt more like myself again.

Donna Eden's work continues to inspre me and I continue to be fascinated by its power to heal. At the same time, because of my own experience, I am more cautious about recommending those 5 daily exercises to my clients and friends. This energy stuff is serious business and a "one size fits all" approach is apparently not the way to go with it after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment