Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I Hate No-Shows!

Okay, I admit it: no-shows make me cranky. There I am, in my office, candle lit, mentally and spiritually prepared to work and ... no client.
The minutes tick by. I check my office voicemail, no messages. I check the hallway outside my office, no one. I call the client and the call goes straight to voicemail. I hold the intention that the client is okay. Sometimes I don't get a return call for days afterward and I'm left wondering if something terrible has happened. Occasionally it is something terrible but most of the time it's simply a case of "I forgot."
In the Agreement each client signs at the first session, there is a clause in red that I ask the person to initial. This clause specifies that I charge for any session they miss without giving me 24-hours notice. No exceptions. If someone is ill or has car trouble or something like that, I offer a phone session during the appointment time. I point this out verbally to clients as well and there's never any question.
That is, until they miss a session. Some clients immediately offer to pay for the session. Most get annoyed when I mention the missed session fee. I know that I've lost clients over this because once they pay for the missed session they have not rescheduled.
Have I mentioned that I hate no-shows?

1 comment:

  1. Better alone than badly accompanied...(Italian saying)
    To help the forgetful ones, a reminder phone call or email may actually work (just like doctors do). I agree on charging the same fee. They should be the ones offering to pay you for the damage they caused you and disrespect they showed towards you. However, nowadays I find very few people with integrity...even in the spiritual and healing world...greedyness and self-entitlement are extremely common...so sad...
    Have a great day!
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete